Taking breaks is essential. For me, even 10 minutes to savor a cup of coffee or a much needed afternoon catnap is enough to keep my wits about me.
Last month, I took a social media and blogging break. For a month, I did not think about checking any social media accounts or become preoccupied with writing the next blog post. Oh I’m sure there were plenty going on in the world of social media. But the remarkable thing is not knowing about them did not affect my living one bit.
Could you benefit from taking an intentional break from Facebook, Twitter, blogging, etc.? Perhaps it’s time for some self-examination. Here are 10 signs that you may need to step away from the crazy world of social media.
2. You read blog posts to your kids for their bedtime story.
3. You tweet your movements every 10 minutes.
4. Every dish in front of you gets posted on Instagram before you take the first bite.
5. You’ve created an alternate world in your Pinterest account that is far different from your present world.
6. Plagued with writer’s block, your latest post is a recipe on how to cook rice … in a rice cooker.
8. Your kids “swipe” at the pages of a photo album and are confused when nothing happens.
10. A friend asks what you’ve been up to, and you tell them, “Go check my blog!”
Can you add to the list? What are other tell-tale signs that would warrant a ban from social media?
Click on the image below to vote for my blog.
One Click = One Vote
Linking up to
SHINE Blog Hop